June 11, 2021
8:45 am-9:30 am
Ohio Updates: ODNR & ODOT (T)
As an update to the Ohio Trails Vision, released by ODNR Director Mary Mertz (2019), ODNR will detail its initiatives to realize this Ohio Trails Vision, including efforts to inventory all recreational trails in Ohio, continue to build and promote the Buckeye Trail, increase opportunities for mountain biking, designate new water trails, and improve trail-access opportunities for all Ohioans.
ODOT will share updates on their Walk.Bike.Ohio Plan, US and State Bike Route initiative, ODOT’s engagement of partners and stakeholders to promote multimodal transportation improvements.
- Learn how to access the state trail inventory, provide updates and feedback on the new inventory application;
- Learn access to and techniques for promotion of the Buckeye Trail;
- Be apprised of expanded mountain biking opportunities;
- Gain updates on new water trails;
- Be apprised on how to improve trail access;
- Learn basics of the Walk.Bike.Ohio program; and
- Learn how to engage with the US & State Bike Route initiative in his/her region
9:30 am-10:30 am
Wrap Up Event: Creating More Inclusive Trails & Outdoor Spaces (U)
Cleveland’s own Leon Bibb of WKYC-TV will moderate the wrap up event of the Industrial Heartland & Cleveland Trails Summit, where we examine the barriers that prevent people from accessing and using trails, parks and outdoor public spaces. This discussion with national thought leaders will explore the lived experiences of people of color in the outdoors as well as recent trends that explore barriers to trail use with a focus on race and gender. This will be a thought-provoking and interactive discussion that will offer innovative ideas on how to create a more inclusive trail experiences for all people.